Installing Webcenter ….
…okay I got a little stuck here because of the incorrect JDK version. I extracted the “ofm_wc_generic_126.96.36.199.0_disk1_1of1.zip” file using “unzip <filename>” and it created 3 “DISK” folders. I went under “Disk1/bin/” and did
[oracle@xxxxxDisk1]$ ./runInstaller Starting Oracle Universal Installer... Checking if CPU speed is above 300 MHz. Actual 2660 MHz Passed Checking Temp space: must be greater than 150 MB. Actual 23647 MB Passed Checking swap space: must be greater than 512 MB. Actual 4031 MB Passed Continue? (y/n) [n] y Preparing to launch Oracle Universal Installer from /tmp/OraInstall2011-05-27_03-33-20AM. Please wait ... Please specify JRE/JDK location ( Ex. /home/jre ), <location>/bin/java should exist :/opt/app/Oracle/Middleware/jdk160_24
After a little while it displayed the following error in the Xterm window ….
[oracle@xxxxxxDisk1]$ java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/OraInstall2011-05-27_03-46-01AM/oui/lib/linux64/liboraInstaller.so: /tmp/OraInstall2011-05-27_03-46-01AM/oui/lib /linux64/liboraInstaller.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch) at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
The reason for this was the incorrect JDK version (Using a 32 bit when I need a 64 bit – “architecture word width mismatch.
Check your JDK build in the following manner:
Goto your Java bin folder, say /…/jdk160_24/bin
Run the file command in the bin folder …i.e. “file java” in the bin folder.
[oracle@pdemora140rhv bin]$ file java" java: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, not stripped
The ELF 32-bit LSB executable tells you the build of the “java” binary.
So now that we know that the versions are incorrect, we down load the right Weblogic installer and JDK from the following sites
- Weblogic 64 bit jar for 10.1.3.5 – http://download.oracle.com/otn/nt/middleware/11g/wls/1035/wls1035_generic.jar
- and 64bit JDK – http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/6u25-b06/jdk-6u25-linux-x64.bin
- Install 64bit JDK
- Install Weblogic using 64bit jdk … use “java -jar”
- Install the Webcenter Product (188.8.131.52)
- Run config.sh to create a Domain – goto ORACLE_HOME/oracle_common/common/bin & make sure display is exported (see earlier post)
- Create the Webcenter Spaces weblogic domain
- keep JDBC url handy (details coming soon on how to configure the different schema logins with the same JDBC url and password)
- make sure you select the Administration Server settings and select the machine for Adminserver and the Webcenter managed server (this is so that the node manager can start it)
- Change the managed server startup script under DOMAIN_HOME/bin folder to use a different tmp folder or run Admin server and select “No Stage” for Webcenter spaces server
- Run the SetupNM script
- Start the NodeManager
- Start the Weblogic Admin Server
- Goto http://<adminserver ip>:7001/console to deploy the Admin Console
- Navigate to Servers -> Webcenter Spaces server and configure the options for Deployment -> No Stage
- Start Webcenter Spaces server
- Goto http://<webcenter spaces ip>:8888/webcenter to launch the application. If the webcenter spaces startup logs show “127.0.0.1” or “localhost” then goto the Spaces Server settings in Admin Server and you will find “localhost” configured for the server’s listening IP. Remove this (make this field blank) to have the spaces server listen to the machine’s configured IP
And when you are done this is the result …